Our 2020 Pick your own strawberry season is now closed. We will continue to have prepicked berries in our farm store, however we anticipate that supply will be limited.
Here’s how our 2020 pick your own strawberry season will work, in order to comply with safe operating guidelines provided by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, the Ontario Ministry of Health and Public Health. Please read the following guidelines carefully:
- Please stay home if you are experiencing COVID-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat)
- Please stay home if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Only use containers provided by Richardson’s Farm and Market (used containers will not be permitted this year)
- Sanitize your hands using the hand sanitizer that is provided before entering the strawberry patch
- Stay in your assigned row
- Pick cleanly (pick all the ripe berries please). If ripe berries are left behind, they will rot and will affect the plant’s continued berry production for the rest of the season, as well as the picking quality for the next person that uses the same row.
- Do not sample berries in the field while picking (we realize this is usually part of the fun of picking your own–within reason of course 🙂 , however, in the interest of public health we are asking you to delay your sampling until after you have left the strawberry patch).
- Move flag to where you finished picking in the row.
- Maintain a 2m (6 ft) distance from other customers and staff at all times.
- Only 2 children under 12 years of age per adult
- Only 5 people from one family per row.
We anticipate that we will be able to open for pick your own strawberries on Friday June 19th. Please watch our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter posts for updates, or call the farm.
Farm hours during pick your own season:
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 6pm
Saturdays 8:00 to 5pm
Weekday Evening Picking 6-8pm by appointment only.
Wednesday July 1st Open 9am-5pm
2020 Pick your own Prices (includes container–a minimum purchase of 1 -4L container per family applies):
4L Basket $15.00 2L Basket: $8.00 1.5L Basket: $6.00